Sunday, February 22, 2009

Blog topic for the week of Feb. 15

No, I do not agree with everything the website said. The main point I do not agree with is that I should write a P.S or personal note in pencil on the bottom of my cover letter. A tip that I have found useful from the website was Third, and most important, many college students end up using the cover letter/resume mass mailing/e-mailing/posting as a crutch to convince themselves that they are actually doing something in their job search. “But I sent out over two hundred resumes!” In reality, all they are doing is generating rejection letters. Mass mailing/e-mailing/posting of your cover letter and resume has extremely low odds for success in today’s job market. I will use this advice by fine tuning my cover letter and resume for each specific job I am trying to obtain. Overall between the text book, class lectures, guest speakers, and the website I have a good overview for creating a resume and cover letter.

No comments:

Post a Comment